Monday, December 12, 2011

Post Processing Results

This week we are starting off with a post processing result from Claudia. She had a little down time while she was in the hospital with her son, so she was able to send in this amazing photo: 


"This was one I did recently.  I did a black and white conversion because the original had a terrible red glow on Michael's face from his shirt.  Then I added a vignette (something I had never done before the workshop).  I felt like it really added to the drama of the picture of my son Michael." - Claudia L.

Claudia, this is such a beautiful photo, as I'm sure everyone will agree! To everyone else: don't forget to email me your results ...or any other post you'd like to see on our blog.

9 comments:

  1. That's both beautiful and heart-wrenching. My best thoughts and wishes go out to you and your son (and your family), Claudia!
    The Other Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! Great use of rule of thirds and the vignette. Thoughts and prayers are with Michael. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning photograph. His beautiful face and his perfectly bald head takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an absolutely gorgeous boy he is, claudia! Michael's eyes are amazing! prayers and hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the strength and determination evident in his eyes and expression. Beautiful. Thoughts are with you and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful photo of a beautiful strong boy! nice work, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudia,
    As the others have said, this is stunning. I love the honesty in this photo. I love how his eyes say "strength". And you're right, the vignette does add drama to this. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo and beautiful boy. I'm so glad to see you on the blog! My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind words. You ladies are certainly a gift to me. So glad I can reconnect with you here on the blog - thanks BreAnna for setting this up!!

    ReplyDelete